**NEW POSTING 6/18/2015**
Matia is actively seeking an experienced Construction Superintendent. To apply please submit cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Superintendent is responsible for directing all site construction activities as required to successfully complete construction on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest level of safety, supervision of all trade and field personnel and quality workmanship.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Understand and enforce safety policy and practices and help create site specific safety plans.
- Completes daily reports such as units complete, safety reports and weekly unit cost worksheets.
- Schedule and order materials, inspections and manpower in order to meet project schedules and specifications.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Ability to participate in and supervise workers operating light, heavy, and special motorized equipment.
- Ability to supervise road/highway construction, restoration, environmental and erosion control projects from general plans and instructions and to determine the proper amounts of various materials, tools and equipment needed.
- Ability to problem solve, mentor and teach a younger workforce.
- Read and understand plans, specifications and related permits.
- Requires 5-10 years of job related experience. Thorough knowledge of division operations.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Considerable knowledge of the materials, methods and techniques relative to road/highway, environmental construction and maintenance.
- Ability to read engineering plans and blueprints.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to pass a drug test.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Matia Contractors, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran or handicapped status.